Sunday, March 25, 2012

That Incredible Egg

If you're anything like me, your mornings are busy (and I'm just getting myself ready!). Also, they're early. Like, really early. Like, why-does-this-hour-even-exist-I-miss-my-bed-so-much early. Yeah. It can be tough to get a healthy, complete breakfast on mornings like that. It's especially tough to make them yourself. Well suffer no more! I present to you an awesome breakfast sandwich that will make McDonald's hang their head in shame.



Ingredients:

  • English muffins
  • Eggs
  • Cheese
  • Green onions
  • Sausage

It's basically one of each for each sandwich.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Crack an egg into a small dish. Break the yolk. Mix in your green onions.
Do this for each egg (or all at once, whatever you feel like doing). Add each egg mixture to a muffin tin.
Split your English muffins and lay them out on another pan (or an awesome contraption like I did). This gets them toasting while you cook your eggs. Hooray for efficiency!
Set your timer for fifteen minutes and wait. Do stuff. Play darts. Crochet. Eat Goldfish crackers. Put dishes away.
Set your muffins aside and get cheesy.
Put the eggs back in the oven for another five minutes and wait some more. I microwaved my sausage patties while the eggs kept cooking. I use Morningstar Farms Hot & Spicy sausage patties because they're delicious. You can use whatever you like and cook it however you want. You don't even have to use sausage. You can use ham or bacon or whatever your lovely heart desires.
Assemble!
Wrap your sandwiches up in paper towels, toss those in a Ziploc bag, and put them in the fridge or freezer. I make a batch on Sunday night and heat them up through the week. From the fridge, you can microwave them for 45 seconds and they're perfect. From the freezer, you should microwave them for about a minute and a half.
You don't have to mix up the eggs if you don't want. You can just crack them right into the muffin tin. You can mix up bits of sausage or ham or peppers or cheese or anything into the eggs. Make them your own and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment