Sunday, September 23, 2012

Burdened With Glorious Purses

Apparently, I have a much fuller social life than we all thought possible.
I know, it's crazy.
I spent the afternoon at Erika's, doing homework, painting our nails, generally killing time. Eventually, though, after taking forever to get ready (not me, I was like lightning), we went to a party. It was her boyfriend's aunt's birthday, I think, but our friends were there, so I wouldn't be left feeling like a weird kid. Although I usually do that anyway. We might have been overdressed, but that's just how I live my life.
We spent a huge majority of the party just hanging out in the front yard, speaking in German/Italian, discussing Nutella cheesecake recipes, and listening to the boys play. Also, for some reason, Edgar brought a xylophone with him, and I spent a great deal of time struggling to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "Happy Birthday." I succeeded, though.
The rest of the night was spent eating jell-o cake (which is incredibly weird) and watching funny videos on YouTube. That's the way to party.


 Dress: eShakti | Necklace: vintage | Watch: WalMart | Belt: Fashion Bug | Stockings: Torrid | Boots: Payless | Bag: Mulberry for Target




Hugging a tree and making odd faces.

Beyrin and Erika, the absurdly adorable couple.
There's some music going on here. Also, texting.

What?

I am incapable of taking normal pictures with 
people.

It jiggled and everything. It was weird.
Today, I hung out with Casey. We haven't spent time together in weeks. We've been going through best friend withdrawal. It's a thing.
Basically, her dad just dropped us off at the movie theater in the afternoon. Our original plan was to watch the Avengers in boring ol' 2-D, but since that showing had sold out, we upgraded to 3-D a couple hours later. For four dollars? Yeah. Good move.
We wiled away the hours in the movie theater arcade and at Staples. And then we watched the movie. And snickered at things that most people wouldn't think of as funny, but then, they probably hadn't seen the gag reel.
Let it be known, far and wide, that we really love that movie. We can quote ridiculous little pieces of it to each other and drive my mom a little bit mad with it. I'm sorry, that was mean.
We finished off the night with a bit of shopping at Marshall's (which resulted in a new yoga mat and box of tea for me) and In-N-Out.
Weekend well done, if I do say so myself.


This tape dispenser is very stylish, not gonna lie. The funny part,
 though, is that it inexplicably made me think of the fabulous Dani 
of DIY Fatshion. You're everywhere, Dani!


No comments:

Post a Comment