Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wandering Spirit

It isn't a secret that I'm continually under the influence of wanderlust. I'm generally a bit restless, and crave few things the way I crave travel. I love going to new places and everything that that entails, but I genuinely love the actual traveling process. Packing things and that middle part between Point A and Point B—it's wonderful! But there's so much to be said for the destinations as well.
See, I'm generally very content, but I'm never quite complacent. Like I said, restless. And the trouble with family vacations is that it just feels like trying to quench your thirst with a milkshake rather than water. It works for about ten minutes, but then you're thirstier than before and things are just plain problematic.
I dunno, I just need a proper adventure. I'm going to hoard my money like a crazy dragon and hope for something around, say, December. Maybe. It's a good goal to aspire to, right?
Does anyone else get super restless like this?

6 comments:

  1. Trying to quench your thirst with a milkshake instead of water. That is BRILLIANT. There are so many things in my life I could apply this to. As for the travel, god yes, go, GO! You're young. Go somewhere supremely scary and uncomfortable and carry the memory with you forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just going to preen now, haha.
      And I desperately hope I can swing it. The trouble is that traveling anywhere at all is more expensive than I can manage right now, but hopefully I'll be able to go somewhere soon. I'd love to visit another country, any other country. I've never even been to Mexico!

      Delete
  2. I get insanely restless. I have a special bank account only for holidays, the minute I get $1000 in there I book something! Thats what we are here for right?? The adventure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Like.... all the time. I want to see so many places. All the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so much easier to travel within Europe, though! I could be wrong, of course. But that certainly has inspired me maybe I should instigate a road trip this summer...

      Delete