Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sassy Goldfish

I spent the morning at Casey's today, playing Infinity Blade (fun, but painfully repetitive) and watching Important Things with Demetri Martin. I always forget just how much I love him, and how much I love that show. I don't understand how it was only on for two seasons.
Eventually, we roused ourselves and headed out into the world. First farmer's market in ages, aww yeah. Unfortunately, only one person recognised us, as most of the other vendors were gone. Well, not gone so much as replaced with strangers we've yet to properly break in. That was disappointing.
I got cucumber soda (my favourite), Casey got Jones, and we continued wandering. I finally heard "Thrift Shop," and oh man, I think I'm in love with that song. It's hilarious.
After wandering even more and traipsing through our favourite vintage shop (I so should have bought the yodeling hat, it was surprisingly cute and I was totally channeling Peter Pan), we met up with Erika and Beyrin.
Erika and I stopped in to visit with her hairdresser, who also happens to be a family friend. He cut my hair once before (back in March), and the pair of them carried on and on about my hair, but I think it's growing on Erika. I certainly hope so.
More wandering, and eventually, we ended up in a coffee shop where we developed a children's book that will be awesome. I'd love for it to be a thing. Maybe we're all a bit overexcited, but I don't care, it's perfect.I can't wait to see our other friends' reactions to it.
And now I'm going to spend the rest of my night reading and watching Red Dwarf. (By the way, Lister and Cat might be my new style icons. Yes.)
The life I lead is an adventurous one.
Thank you, Casey.




Top, sweater: Forever 21 | Skirt, necklace: Fashionbug | Tights: WalMart | Boots: Forever | Bag: from Israel | Sunglasses: Image
Best. Ever.


I think my chai latte looked like a spiral galaxy.

2 comments: