Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day in the Life of a Blogger

Fun fact: I'm the reason why we can't take normal pictures 
together.

Let it be known that I follow a lot of style blogs. A lot of style blogs. Like, an ungodly amount. I'm inspired by all of them, and sometimes, I'm simply floored by the level of creativity I see. It's all so great.
I've recently noticed something, though: I like the blogs where they tell you about themselves, and their day, and all of that, more than the others. Don't get me wrong, I love those beautiful, slightly glossy blogs that have gotten so popular, but sometimes it's nice to read something a bit more in-depth than "I went to [insert glamorous destination here] to model/photograph/work on my line, it was so great, here are pictures, that's all." I genuinely love reading the blogs where people ramble about their lives a bit. I love knowing how they live.
That personal touch is so important, I think. I don't know what it is. Maybe it makes it easier to like them, or it makes you feel like you're friends (even if they don't know that, and you totally are), or it's just more enjoyable. Maybe there's just no reason behind it. Maybe it's just nice.
That's why I share my day with you guys, no matter how abysmally boring. I love for that little bit of glowing personality, that little chunk of who they are that makes everything so much richer, and a little more real.
I don't know if actually makes a difference with anyone else at all, but in a world where all of the Big Blogs are starting to become a bit homogeneous, sometimes it takes a bit of silly trivia, like the fact that you take your tea with milk and honey, to make you stand out, to me at least.
What are your guys' thoughts on this, though? Do you like knowing these silly little details, or do you drive you up the wall?

No comments:

Post a Comment