Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day Eleven: Coming Home

Coming home from a great vacation is the best/worst thing. On the one hand, it's lovely to be home when you get there. On the other, it sucks to leave.
We left early, stopping for Starbucks. I even did the unthinkable and got coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker, for reasons unknown.
The drive was very, very, very long. We had lunch at an In-N-Out in Utah (not sure where) and passed through Arizona, Nevada, and a very dull chunk of California. I have recently discovered that I really want to explore an abandoned water park just after the fruit check, though.
I gave (almost) everyone their presents when I got home, introduced them to the wonders of huckleberry (I still have some of that licorice left), and honestly enjoyed being back home, in my own bed.
I would love to get a job at Yellowstone next summer, honestly. I want to go back as soon as I can. That place fills you up, makes you feel smaller and more alive. You can't escape the sheer might of everything there, but at the same time, you feel a bit closer to connected, you know?
Stop me before I wax too poetic.
I think that everyone should go to Yellowstone and Grand Teton at once. There's nothing quite as cleansing as a tremendous view, right? That's all you get there.
And so it concludes.
I think this just means that I need another adventure, and soon!
First bit of California in a while—in Utah.

Jerry in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment